Sexual Harassment in Southern California

Let Our Irvine Employment Lawyer Protect Your Rights

Sexual harassment is unwelcome sexual conduct, requests for sexual favors, or advances which either lead to negative job outcome (e.g. getting fired or passed over for promotion) or is so severe and frequent that it results in a hostile work environment. If you are a victim of sexual harassment at work, it is imperative to take legal action.

At The Law Offices of Thomas E. Rockett, III, we are committed to pursuing the justice our clients deserve. With decades of experience, our Irvine employment attorney possesses the extensive knowledge of California employment law to guide you through the intricacies of the legal system.

How to File a Sexual Harassment Claim

If you have been sexually harassed at work, it’s important to make it stop immediately. However, if you have complained to management but conditions haven’t changed, alternatives are available to you.

The following are other ways to file a sexual harassment claim if incidents continue to persist after initially reporting them at work:

  • File a Title VII EEOC Claim. Contact either the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), a Texas equal employment opportunity agency, or department of human rights. Your claim must be in writing, stating the facts of your claim, and filed within 180 days of the harassment incident. Letter submission is available, while agencies accept complaints by e-mail as well. The agency will contact you for more information.
  • File a Title IX Complaint. If you are employed at a school, college or university which receives federal funding, you are able to file a complaint with the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR). Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 protects all intuitions receiving any federal aid or assistance to both employees and students. The OCR will then conduct an investigation into your claim. However, you may also pursue your Tile IX complaint directly to court.
  • File a Sexual Assault and/or Abuse Claim. If your incident consists of unwarranted touching of the genitals or breasts or threatened with physical sexual abuse or other violence, you may able to pursue criminal charges.

Call (714) 701-8182 for Experienced Legal Help Today

If you’re not sure what course of action to take, we at The Law Offices of Thomas E. Rockett, III understand what it takes to resolve your claim once and for all in order to get your life back to normal. Our Irvine employment attorney has prosecuted and obtained significant settlements in various employment and business litigation cases, possessing the extensive knowledge of the federal legal system to get you the justice you deserve.

Contact our firm and schedule your free consultation today.